Friday, April 01, 2011

The big boy bed

If you know Andrew, you know how he loves to jump. Well, add to his amazing leaping ability and strong desire to imitate a kangaroo at all times--a mattress and the crib springs, and you know we have a recipe for disaster waiting to happen. I, of course, was in denial that my baby needed to be taken out of the crib, but when I caught Andrew reading in Nathan's bed two days in a row because in his words "I've changed my mind about Andrew's bed," I knew it was time. Off to the store to get his new bedding. He wanted the Lightning McQueen bed to be just like his bro.

The first night he did great. He didn't get out of the bed once which of course was aided by the fact that he was very tired. Nathan was a little upset that Andrew didn't want to play after bedtime. He came out saying that Andrew just grunted at him when he tried to talk to him. The second night Andrew was a little more daring and was starting to test the waters, but overall it has been the smoothest transition from crib to bed yet. My little boy is growing up.

He's starting out with just a mattress on the floor until I am confident he won't fall out on his head. He had a close call last night, but I think he's getting it. We'll be shopping for beds for the boys before I know it.

He's very proud of his bed. Multiple times, he has grabbed my hand and said, "Mom, do you want to see my big boy bed? Let's go see my Lightening McQueen bed! There it is! My big boy bed!"

They always look so small in the big bed.
Love you Andrew!

1 comments:

Mel said...

So proud! What a cutie!